Monday, April 7, 2014

Me Made May 2014



Me Made May is coming (Hosted by Zoe from So, Zo...What do you know?)! I participated last year and it was quite entertaining and in addition it helped change the way that I sew. It encouraged me to sew more wearable clothes and less costumey things (my personal designs tend to make me look rather like an extra from sci-fi movies) and also prompted me to take more care on the finishing of my garments. Typically I would follow the pattern directions and many of those don't call for seam finishes other than zig-zagging or serging. Now I finish all of my seams carefully, and take more care in general while I sew to insure that I make a lasting garment that I will wear. So here is what I pledge for this May:

I, Liberty of LeVagabondage, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '14. I endeavour to wear no less than one handmade garment each day, and no one item more than twice each week, for the duration of May 2014.

I will be posting my outfits on Flickr once May begins, and this year hopefully I will be in some of the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment